“The session that was provided to us was extremely beneficial in helping us as a team to have the confidence and the knowledge to engage with any service user who has identified as being part of the LGBT community.”
– Elaine Allen, Clinical Nurse Manager, Home Based Treatment Team Psychiatry of Later Life, Tallaght.
LGBT Ireland delivers education and training workshops to a wide range of public and private sector agencies and groups across Ireland.
Aimed at enhancing participants’ awareness and understanding of the issues experienced by LGBT people and their family members, our LGBT+ Awareness workshops cover:
- LGBT+ terminology and common issues.
- Exploration of gender and sexuality norms and stereotypes.
- Ways to support LGBT people who are coming out.
- Information on services available to LGBT+ people and their families.
- Tips on creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
To ensure our training is innovative and effective, we work with each organisation or group in advance of their training to fully understand their needs and we will develop bespoke training to meet those needs, when necessary.
For more information about our training or to register your interest in booking a training workshop email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Our Childline volunteers found the LGBT Awareness workshop incredibly empowering. They all feel more confident now engaging with young LGBT people. The delivery of the workshop was professional yet relaxed, and involved the group from the beginning.”
– Louise Friel, Regional Supervisor Childline Online, ISPCC.