We’re currently recruiting volunteers for our helplines in Cork Dublin and Kilkenny. If you’re interested in applying, see the details below or email email@example.com for more information.
We're currently recruiting volunteers for our helplines in Cork Dublin and Kilkenny.
There will be an information night for those interested in volunteering with the Kilkenny Helpline on Thursday 17th November from 7.30 to 8.30 in Hibernian Hotel Kilkenny.
Training in all locations will take place in January 2018, dates to be confirmed.
To apply you can download an application form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you have any questions or would like more information, just email us.
When you apply to volunteer on the LGBT Ireland helpline, your application form is assessed by the helpline coordinator in the local helpline nearest to you. You’ll then be contacted by one of our coordinators to arrange a short interview before invited to join our training programme.
LGBT Ireland only takes helpline volunteers who identify as LGBTQ+.
New Volunteer Opportunity: LGBT Ireland Communications Intern
To enhance the capacity of LGBT Ireland to build the profile of the organisation and its services, we are inviting applications for a Communications intern. This is a one-year volunteer internship, based on 20 hours per week. Working hours are flexible and can be worked around study commitments.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference. Working directly with, and supported by, LGBT Ireland’s CEO, the successful candidate will gain considerable experience in developing and disseminating print and online content and engaging directly with the media.
Job Description - key areas of responsibility:
- To assist in the implementation of communications strategy
- To assist in the co-ordination of campaigns and other communications activities
- To develop and manage LGBT Ireland’s website, facebook, twitter and Newsletter/Bulletins
- To assist in the day to day media and communications work
- To assist in the support of other interns and volunteers
- To undertake administrative duties
- Any other responsibilities as required in the interests of LGBT Ireland
36 kb | doc